Our newest addition to the SPV Group and our fastest growing division is the SPV Fire Stopping Division. Our SPV Fire Stopping team have the experience to install fire stops to new and existing buildings
We can deliver certified products and installation methods in accordance with industry standards. SPV offer full services for cavity barriers. Cavity Barriers create separation within concealed spaces to prevent the spread of fire, smoke and heat transfer. Many buildings, in particular high rise residential and commercial properties have hidden cavities and voids where only the specified fire stopping material has to be installed into the cavity/ voids.
Full fill vertical cavity barriers can be installed, especially to high rise residential buildings to achieve the compartmentalisation of each apartment with the aim of containing fire and smoke within the area it started.
Coupled with the latest reporting technology to capture every aspect of the process we can ensure the management of information is organised and accessible through the duration of all fire stopping projects.
Working with SPV Groups Fire Stopping Division will give you the confidence and peace of mind for both your small scale and large-scale projects
Fire Stopping Surveys
The SPV Fire Stopping Survey Division offers internal and external intrusive surveys including the supply of all required access equipment. On completion of the survey, we will replace all panels and building envelope as was.
The SPV Fire Stopping Division can also survey the cladding on existing buildings and determine if it is compliant. A full report can be issued with detailed findings and also offer fire testing services as required.
SPV Fire Stopping Division can offer the following services
- An assessment of the compartmentation strategy for the premises
- An assessment of the cladding and build up to existing buildings
- A comprehensive visual inspection of the existing fire compartmentation provisions; which includes floors, walls, roof voids, basements, floor and ceiling voids, risers and shafts where present
- A comprehensive inspection including the supply of all necessary access equipment.
- A clear action plan which outlines locations of defects, photographic evidence and suggested remedial actions to be taken
- Marking up of existing floor plan (if made available) to indicate the locations of compartment walls and floors
- Fire Testing services