Randolph Hotel / Oxford

SPV have recently undertaken the reactive works to re open the 5* Randolph hotel in Oxford following the recent fire which broke out at the property.

The fire at the 150-year-old building in Beaumont Street was sparked by a flambéed beef stroganoff in its kitchen, ripping through three floors.

At the height of the fire on 17 April, 14 fire engines were on the scene as crews battled the blaze while thick black smoke spread across the city.
More than 80 people were evacuated, though there were no reported injuries.

Thanks to the hard work of the fire brigade and SPV reactive works, the Gothic building reopened its doors to hotel guests and customers on the 6th May.

Jonathan Dawson, regional management director for Macdonald Hotels, said he was "delighted".

Damaged areas in the hotel will be boarded off while repairs are carried out, but 110 of the 150 rooms will be available.